Google home integration

What’s new in this field

Hi @magnezia,

Thank you for reaching out!

Great timing: we are actually finalizing this feature as we speak! Soon you will be able to turn Alfred’s Motion Detection on/off via Google Assistant!

Please continue to support Alfred and stay tuned!

Updates on this subject?

Hi @magnezia and @generictec,

I’ve got great news: you can now integrate Alfred with Google Assistant!

Please find out more about it here and give it a go:

Let me know what you think!

I have 2 phones with Alfred, how the app knows what it should turn on?

I know this might take a while but the existing commands are too vague…

Any plans for the Google Home? Like turn a specific camera or say if there are any warnings?

Thank you

with this integration, can I ask google assistant to show the cameras on my chromecast?

Hi @generictec,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

For the moment, you can only enable/disable Motion Detection for all of your Cameras with Google Assistant. Being able to do this for a specific Camera is our immediate next step. Please continue to support Alfred and stay tuned!

Hi @seguridadjcs4,

Thanks for the feedback.

Not yet! For the moment, the integration is limited to turning Motion Detection on/off for all Cameras. We are working on adding more features to it. Please continue to support Alfred and stay tuned!

how can integrate Alfred with Google Assistant in iphone,

can IFTTT work with alfred?

thank you

Hi @lhuidobro,

Thank you for reaching out!

For the moment, Alfred can only work Google Assistant in Android phones. Also, integrating Alfred with IFTTT is something we might develop in the future. Please stay tuned!

hi, I’m having the latest android version of Alfred, but I don’t see Google assistant in the settings. what I’m doing wrong?

Hi @bmerza,

Thank you for visiting Alfred Center!

We noticed that both of your Viewer Phones run iOS system. Google Assistant only works on Android Phones. We will look into the possibility of integrating Alfred with Siri in the future. Please stay tuned!

Let us know if it helps!

Just got my Google Home Hub , are there plans to include the function that would allow me to view my Alfred cameras on my Hub’s snazzy 7” screen ?

Hi,

Thanks for making Alfred a better service for your feedback!

We are going to look into this idea the first chance we get. In the meantime, we hope Alfred has been working well for you!

If you are willing to provide more of your thoughts, we will certainly share them with the engineering team.

Wish you the best!

I don’t see Google assistant in the settings. what I’m doing wrong? I have a android device and i download the last Alfred Version

Hi,

Thanks for visiting Alfred Center!

For the moment, this feature is available for users whose device language setting is English.

We will look into the possibility for further language in the future. Please stay tuned and continue to support Alfred!