Google Assistant Routine Integration

motion

From what I have read so far this feature does not exist within the app, but are there plans to be able to add “enable/disable motion detection” within the Google Assistant Routines; such as when the user leaves the house and says “Hey Google, I’m leaving” or “Okay Google, I’m home”, for Google Assistant to disable or enable emotion detection as part of its routine along with turning the lights on/off, etc? I know that it seems like a redundancy with the already existent integration of being able to turn motion detection on/off corresponding to the phone’s Wi-Fi connectivity, but I still think that it would be a feature that would maximize the use of the idea of a “Smart Home” by not having to use your phone to click through and respond to Alfred App when it asks the user, on the phone screen, whether they want to enable/disable motion detection because of the Wi-Fi status. It could be streamlined through one spoken sentence, and secure because of Google’s ability to recognize an authorized user (e.g.: thieves would not be authorized or able to make Google Assistant disable Alfred by speaking to it). Thanks and great work so far everyone!

Best,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for the feedback!

We actually have Google Assistant integration on Alfred. You can ask your Google Assistant to turn on/off Motion Detection for you. Please give it a try and let us know if you like it:

If you think we can add more features to Google Assistant, feel free to tell us at any time!