Getting 7012 error for the last three weeks

Hi

Am currently away from home. Two of my three cameras stopped working, one has now restarted but the other is claiming a 7012 error.

Any ideas how to fix it remotely?

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. You see 7012 when Alfred is running in the background on your Camera phone and the built-in camera might be in use by another app.

To solve this, you have to get physical access to your Camera phone and make sure Alfred is running on the screen.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

By the way, do you think the 7012 message is clear enough for you?

1 Like

Thanks Ricardo, yes, I understand what it’s getting at - I’m just not sure I believe it as it worked perfectly fine for a few weeks first. Will see when I get back.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know, Conor. Keep me posted if you find out anything!

1 Like

@conormclernon
This happened to me too tonight. Yet another fiasco.
Apparently there’s another app using the camera.
Go figure…

Anything else Alfred team?

When do you send the data crash to phones? Even worse.

After all, not all updates are seen.

Trust whithers.

2 Likes

Same issue, no idea why happend. Nothing new was installed. Reset help just for a 2 days and issue came back. What to do?

1 Like

Hi,

Could you please go to your Camera phone and make sure Alfred is running onscreen?

We found that if Alfred is running in the background on the Camera phone, the Viewer tends to receive the error message you mentioned.

1 Like

Same issue for me: error 7012 displayed on client app. The app worked fine for 2 days and now I can’t access the camera anymore.
Strange part is that camera health check is showing camera is accessible with battery full (it is always plugged in for this test), and very decent WiFi signal. Last time I had that issue, I just could access physically the camera phone without issue and found out Alfred app was still running.
It looks like the app is indeed put idle by the phone OS but it would not then be able to report anything, including health check. For my last run, I’ve used a much more recent phone in order to avoid “old” android version problem.
How could we trouble shoot further before I give away trying to recycle my previous phone (Samsung gt9505)
Thanks for your feedback

2 Likes

Hey,

Did you put Alfred to the background or press the home/power buttons after you set up the Camera?

1 Like

As a camera I use old HTC Sense 3.0 which runs old android ver. 2.3.5 (I think I cannot update to a newer??). Always it was ok, but now I updated app for the “Camera” phone (HTC. before update it was working) and I am getting 7012 error now. I cannot see through “Viewer” or “Camera” phones. What should I do?

P.S. previous time I updated “Camera” phone a bit longer time then 4 months (maybe more, I dont remember that)

1 Like

I tried restarting phone, but it did not help. Maybe same app opens and run camera on a same time? How can I check it?

1 Like

Usually another App has priority over the camera even if it isn’t being used. just go to settings, Apps, permission, camera and deny everything except Alfred.

2 Likes

Well same here, out of the blue this error just presented itself and i have shut down /disabled/ force stoped every app on the phone except the ui and the wifi and the keyboard. I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous time but alm i get is a black screen on the camera and 7012 error on the veiwer.
How bout some pratical advice on this issue. Lets get it fixed before the number of users affected gets out of hand.
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Can you confirm what following settings you’ve already tried?

1. Keep the app on-screen i.e do not press any home or power key after launching the app
  2. Whitelist Alfred from battery optimization
  3. Run a factory reset

For further assistance, please contact us at support@alfredcamera.zendesk.com

1 Like

Hi
Thanks for reply , your suggestions have done to the extreme. I have given made sure that there is nothing running or active that could interfere with Alfred. I have shut down everything after a factory reset that isnt required absolutely necessary for the phone to function. Bare necessities only. I have given Alfred more than needed permissions to function as it should. What happens is i will get the error and Alfred shows black screen and camera wont work so i uninstall Alfred and do a restart which gets my camera working again. Next i reinstalled Alfred and sign in with google and all looks good both on camera and viewer but i lose connection to camera but Alfred works…for a while. Then for no apparent reason the 7012 error happens.
I figured maybe an issue with sleep mode so i turned that off, maybe screensaver so i made sure no screensaver. Maybe a certificate issue so made sure Alfred is accepted, already good there. Maybe a google account issue , all ok there too. But something is activating that is causing Alfred to error, some conflict that shuts down the camera.
So what next??

4 Likes

Could i get an older version of Alfred to try and see if the error repeats? Then we would know if its the app or the phone which worked great up untill a few days ago. With alot more services and other apps running at same time as Alfred.

2 Likes

Try the camera only version only. The link is on the forum somewhere, just use the search feature.

1 Like

Update, i did uninstall then i poured over every possible setting looking for possible issues. What i found was in section that store the certificates there was a bunch of them that i knew didnt belong so just to be safe i removed them all and figured a factory reset would activate the ones that are legit.
Then reinstalled Alfred, signed in and set it up as camera. I kept it inside for a day expecting the same issue but it has remained stable. I am still getting the ’ cannot connect to camera issue when opening just the camera but when i open Alfred it connects and i get my feed. So today i put it back outside and so far so good.
For those of you having this error you could give this fix a go, its the only thing that worked for me. The reason there was all these rogue certificates that were installed was due to my phone being stolen ( whole other story how i got it back) but i suspect that the thief used some sort of shady program to try and get into the phone which installed all sorts of nasty stuff. Alot of the certificates were in Russian. Im going to try and post a nice pic of the idiot that stole my phone. You’ll see for yourself what i mean by idiot20191018_112407_ALCATEL-ONE-TOUCH-6040A_16sapathy_317

2 Likes

Hello, i have an old Huawei Honor 3C, factory resetted, anything installed except Alfred Camera, connected via home wifi, with good and stable signal, also always-power-connected.
I have randomly same 7012 error message. I don’t know in my Android 4.4.2 version how can I set camera permissions locked only for Alfred application. I surely have to restart phone eaxh time, no way to access Alfred Camera, although locally it says it’s “live and online”.
Many thanks

1 Like

I have the same error 7012 about 3 weeks.
I followed every tip in the forum and nothing.
Uninstall and factory reset, other version…
The problem is not ours …
Maybe using other system , not Alfred …

Mistery : the camera put on about 21.00 hs every day and worked perfectly all night long. Then put off about 9.00 hs again.
The issue Is present since motion detection hourly upgrade …