Frequent notifications

It would be really helpful if you’d provide the following information so our engineer colleagues can identify and solve your problem sooner.

Which device has the problem? Viewer or Camera
Device Model Name:
OS Version:
AppVersion:

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

Hi @1tulsisingh,

Thank you so much for joining us at Alfred Center!

Do you mean you get notifications too frequently? Alfred actually has a mechanism not to send you too many notifications within 5 minutes if you don’t check on them immediately.

You can also mute notifications for a period of time:

Does this help? Let me know!

1 Like

The constant notifications all day long indicate motions being detected. I don’t see any motions ever in the videos when
I am away from home. Even front or back of the camera. I have notifications turned off when I am at home but that’s only for the allotted period, then I have to reset it again. However the motion detection notifications are infuriating especially when there is no motion in the videos. What types of motion are being detected? Drop in lights, shadows? I tried all levels of sensitivities but it’s all the same. No change.

Hi @1tulsisingh,

Thank you for providing further info.

Alfred’s Motion Detection algorithm decides if there is “movement” by comparing one frame with the next. If your phone is placed somewhere there is a lot of sunlight and so on, or if it faces a window where a tree sways in the wind, these movements will be picked up.

You are always welcome to send us a photo of your setup and/or a link to a Motion Event so we can give you more specific advice. In the meantime, experimenting different setups could make a big difference.

Hope this helps!

Hello, firstly, many thanks for a fantastic app. It’s brilliant at doing almost everything I need. I especially like the fact that cameras on different wifi networks are armed / disarmed separately, very clever.
My problem relates to false alarms caused by changing light levels. Either sunshine and clouds are triggering or, security lights on time switches.
I did some work on a similar problem years ago and needed to differentiate between a change in overall light level across the whole field of view as opposed to changes in a smaller sector.
It’s one for your devs to scratch their heads on?
Thanks again, keep up the great work!.

Hi @mounseypj,

Thank you so much for joining us at Alfred Center!

We know where you’re coming from: Alfred’s Motion Detection algorithm definitely has room for improvement. We actually have some pretty exciting improvement rolling out early next year, which will hopefully help eliminate this problem.

Please stay tuned!