End of support for Android older than 5.0. Disappointing! What now?

Hello,

the support for viewer devices lower than Android 5.0 has ended.
That’s a very bad news. All of my family is using Android 4.1.2 and we are very happy with this.

Alfred 5.0.4 is still working for the viewer device, and I hope this will keep on.
If not, what can I do??

Is it possible to use a server in the homenet instead of the Alfred cloud?
Or is it possible to store the videos locally on the device?

I have allready searched the playstore for an alternate Camera.
IP WebCam works well, but I didn’t find a monitor/viewer wich displays the recording comfortably.

Does anybody have an idea?

1 Like

Yes

2 Likes

There’s also a Alfred camera only APK available for older Android versions.

1 Like

Zhanx pinky, but a PC app doesnt help, because i need a mobile solution.
An older alfred cam is not helpful, too. There are a lot working cam apps on the market, but the problem is to find a good viewer to watch the motion recordings.

2 Likes

A viewing App would depend on which app you have chosen as a camera.

1 Like

yes, the funtionality of the viewer is depending on where the recordings are stored.
if it’s stored on the cam device, you need to install a server app to excess the files.
if it is stored in a cloud you need a good viewer which can handle the cloud storage.
if it is stored in a privat server/cloud, like Alfred, you can not access it with a third party app.
so i think its the best to look for an camera app which stores the recordings in my own cloud, (or better on my own homeserver) so I do not depent on updates.

1 Like

I am just testing wardencam v.2.6.3 (same as Picket cam)
it is basically the same like alfred, but it doesn’t have so much comfort features like Alfred, but the advantage is that you can store the recordings on dropbox or google drive. So I hope I will not have any problems to use an android 4.12 conpartible appversion for ever.

2 Likes

Wanted to know, how did that go?

It’s working with my G-Drive.