Does my Camera Unit need to be plugged in?

Does my Camera Unit need to be plugged in?

Yes. A steady power supply actually boosts the Camera Phone’s performance. If you are using Alfred for more than a few hours, we would strongly suggest you plug your Camera Phone in.

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

2 Likes

¿Necesita estar enchufada mi cámara?

Sí, si vas a utilizar Alfred durante más de unas pocas horas, te sugerimos encarecidamente que enchufes tu teléfono con cámara.

Muss meine Kamera mit dem Stromnetz verbunden sein?

Ja, wenn Sie Alfred für mehr als nur ein paar Stunden verwenden möchten, empfehlen wir dringend, Ihre Kamera mit dem Netz zu verbinden.

1 Like

相機端需要插電嗎?

如果使用時間不僅僅是幾小時,我們建議您插電,才不會到了下午就沒電囉!

Minha câmera precisa estar conectada na energia?

Sim. Se você estiver usando o Alfred por mais de poucas horas, nós sugerimos firmemente que você conecte seu celular com câmera à energia.

カメラをコンセントに充電する必要がありますか?

はい。Alfredを数時間以上使用している場合、カメラ携帯を充電する事を強く推奨します。

1 Like

카메라가 전원이 연결되어 있어야 하나요?

예, Alfred를 수 시간 이상 사용하는 경우, 카메라 기기를 전원에 연결하는 것이 좋습니다.

Нужно ли подключить мою камеру к розетке?

Да, если вы используете программу Alfred на протяжении нескольких часов, мы настоятельно рекомендуем вам подключить камеру телефона к розетке.

Hi, I wanted to mention (and wasn’t sure where to mention it) that it might be a good idea for people to check their Alfred cams from time to time to make sure their phone’s batteries are ok. The reason i say this is because I have been using a VeryCool brand cell phone as an Alfred camera and I had it constantly plugged in and charging, as recommended. However, just by chance I decided to check on it. I popped the back off the phone and removed the battery and the battery was bulging out! I did a quick google search as to why this happened and the reason for the bulging is that gas will build up in lithium ion phone batteries as a result of over charging. The battery could have possibly exploded! I don’t know if anyone else out there has experienced this but I wanted to let people know what happened to me. I have the battery cooling off and it is now not bulging since cooling off. I dont feel the fault is with the Alfred app but with the design of lithium ion batteries (in my opinion) as well as with cell phones not being able to work without a battery installed. I would recommend people to check on their phones if constantly plugged in OR do not keep them constantly plugged in and only plug them in when the battery gets low. If my battery had exploded it would have been very bad.

3 Likes

Hi @mikemail.mh,

Thank you so much for reaching out!

We have heard a few similar cases. The thing is some phones have better mechanisms to prevent over-charging than others. Maybe this particular device doesn’t.

You can actually run Camera Health Checks to see how the battery/WiFi levels are:

The info is updated every two hours. Assuming your battery can last two hours, you should know when the level is dipping too low.

Do you need Motion Detection all the time? If you only want to periodically check on your Camera, you can switch it off and back on from your Viewer device. That will effectively keep your Camera running for longer on battery:

Hope this helps!

1 Like