Create zones for Motion detection

hi, I would like to be able to mark out areas that I do not want to detect motion on, so that I only get notifications on the parts of the camera I am interested in movement

Hi @dustycrewe,

Thank you for reaching out to Alfred!

This is a feature we plan to develop in the future. Please continue to support Alfred and stay tuned! In the meantime, see if there is anything you can do in terms of setup.

Hope this helps!

Any update on this? I love Alfred but the absence of this motion detection zones feature (which many of your competitors already have) is the only thing that is stopping me from purchasing the pro version.

Hi @robinmillar1200,

Thank you for reaching out!

We would like to add this feature to Alfred in the future. However, we do not have a timetable for you now. Please stay tuned and continue to support Alfred!

I’m waiting on this as well.

Same here, thinking of upgrading but want to stop notifications for movement of the trees at the end of the garden! Any update on this feature?

Hi @p4r4d0x42 @mikewarren23 ,

Thanks for your feedback!

Motion Detection by Zones is definitely on our to-do list. We hope it is a feature that we can add to Alfred in the near future. Please continue to support Alfred and stay tuned!

In the meantime, see if you can experiment with different sensitivity levels/setups for better results!

Are you actually planning on developing this! Your response is the same as the response nearly a year ago. If not I might as well use another app and pay for that!

It would be the solution for useless recording of common movement. The version now can’t be used for outdoor surveillance. We’ll get hundreds or more useless files.

Hey @mikewarren23 @rd2.pmr32,

Thank you for letting us know what you think! We will report your advice to our engineering team.

Motion Detection by Zones is always a feature we would like to offer, but since many factors have to be taken into consideration, we can’t give you a timeline yet.

Please continue to support Alfred and stay tuned! Don’t hesitate to let me know if you have more feedback/questions!

Is this even in the process yet?

Yeah this is a great idea :ok_hand:t2:
I had this option on a uniden camera system.
Being able to block out trees that constantly move in the wind was great and saved unnecessary recordings

Anything yet? This is clearly one of the most important features needed by a security camera.

Hi @clintz23 @ban88dido1983 @aaronsalfred,

Thanks for supporting Alfred by your feedback!

Could you let us know more about why you would want this feature and how important it is for you? We do have considered developing this feature, but each of our versions includes a couple of new features, optimizations, and also some bugs to deal with. This is why we can’t give you the exact timeline.

However, if you are willing to provide more of your thoughts, we will certainly share them with the engineering team. Please stay tuned to future updates. Thank you!

The main reason is because these cameras cannot be used facing outside. I feel a security camera is best used monitoring the outside of the house rather than inside.

Even the slightest breeze will set Alfred off. If we could create a polygon zone on the camera, it would help eliminate all of the false positives.

For my yes, I’m going to put the camera in one angle who has got a some plants that detect false alarams, too i have some christmas lights but on zone is not afected and I would like it to add this app, in the playstore there are some apps they have it but this is the best for the security camera but the dislike is because it hasn’t got motion zones or only people detection