Constant "Bad" to "Very Bad Connection" outside WiFi

connectivity
video
audio

I have two cameras set up at my apartment to keep an eye on my pets; one is an iPad Air and the second is an iPad Air Pro, both connected to a home WiFi connection which is only used by the two cameras when I’m away from home.

When I use my phone (Samsung Note 9) as a viewer connected to the WiFi, the connection is “Normal”. When I use my phone as a viewer connected to my phone service (T-Mobile ONE Plus), I only get “Bad” to “Very Bad” connections even when my LTE connection is perfect.

I have also tried to use my phone as a viewer on Verizon LTE Network and I get the same result.

I have tried to connect from a different phone (iPhone 7 Plus) on both Verizon and T-Mobile networks, both when their respective signals are full; same unfortunate result.

My home WiFi connections reach speeds of 100 mbps, so that should not be an issue. I have tried putting each camera on different frequencies (2.4 vs 5.0), and having them both on each frequency to no avail.

I rely on my home monitoring to keep my pets calm while I’m away and your product is proving to be more defective than useful. I am a Premium user. Please advise.

I am currently having same issue samsung note 8 on metro PC’s on wifi with same signal issue on camera phone is a LG k20 on wifi. Keeps saying camera disconnected as well.

Hi @gianfranco.wong,

Thank you for reaching out to Alfred!

It sounds like the issue lies with your mobile Internet. It could be because for some reason it becomes a relay connection, it could simply be too slow, or it could even be a more technical problem.

However, as long as your Camera is connected, it should still be working normally. You can still find the recordings later in your Event Book. We suggest you can wait a while to see if the problem persists or just try to connect your Viewer to a different network (office network, free WiFi…)

Would your office WiFi be a good solution?

Hi @willz0072002 ,

Welcome to Alfred Center!

As for your case, we took a quick look at the connection logs and saw that your Camera tends to run on battery. Also, your WiFi connection is very unstable. Devices running on battery often enable power-saving mode and reduce WiFi reception capacity. To ensure continuous surveillance, we suggest you keep your Camera plugged in and connect it to a more stable internet.

We also noticed that the time setting in one of your Camera devices is wrong. Please adjust it to the correct date/time to make Alfred properly work again.

Please try this for a couple of days and let us know if it helps!

Can you please find out why I cannot access my camera when my viewer mobile is connected to another network?

My home Wi-Fi is good, and the Wi-Fi of the other location is also very good.

Also, can you please explain if any DMZ settings are required on the home routers. I don’t know if viewer mobile receive video feed directly from camera, or through your servers.

Hi,

Welcome to Alfred Center!

Your live feed is transmitted directly from the Camera to the Viewer, protected by your Google account. On the other hand, your recordings are kept on Alfred’s cloud. Therefore, as long as your Camera is connected, you can still find the recordings later in your Event Book. We suggest you can wait a while to see if the problem persists or just try to connect to a different network (office network, free WiFi…)

If you use a firewall, we can’t guarantee that all features of Alfred will work. Please try to open the following ports to see whether you can solve the problem:

5222/tcp
443/tcp
3478/tcp and udp
19302/udp

Let us know if you need further assistance.

I opened all the above ports, and placed the IP of camera mobile in the DMZ of the router, still not good.

It only works when the viewer mobile is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

Do you have a network checking tool which can pinpoint the problem?

I am not happy

@ahmadalanimail can you test on another viewing device ?

@pinky-free-user thanks, I just tried another viewing mobile, same problem.

Can’t they just look up my logs and identify the problem? why they are wasting our time trying different things?

Try a VPN client @ahmadalanimail on the viewer end,. May I ask which country ?

Thanks @pinky-free-user

Qatar

I tried VPN just now, no good.

@ahmadalanimail last ditch effort would be to implement VPN at both ends. After that I’m out of ideas sir.
Regards.

@pinky-free-user

Thanks a million, I am giving up.

My camera is in a hard to reach place, and I am not going to keep maintain it with patches of additional apps

@ahmadalanimail respect. If and when you find an alternative app or approach please keep us updated.
Regards.

Wifi could be weaken around the metallic area such as too close computer system, metal studs in the walls. that should move away from the metallic area or you can reboot the phone to refresh the Wifi signals. I gets the Bad/Very Bad status on my viewer screen, my camera phone needing a reboot and back online… it’s prefect connections in Good and Normal…

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces

Summary

strong text

Continuing the discussion from Constant "Bad" to "Very Bad Connection" outside WiFi:

To better identify the issue, please fill out the form below so we can give you more specific advice accordingly.

1. The Gmail account you use to sign in to Alfred: _______@gmail.com

2. Which device has the problem (Viewer or Camera name):

3. App version (You can find it on the About page):

4. Description (Any screenshot or video would be very helpful):

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

Its where your at specifically I think… I have same exact issue only at my friends house, I have to use WiFi to view there, but no where else. He’s got lots of trees but I still get decent LTE signal but no deals. I found a workaround for this was to select in SETTINGS, select NETWORK CARRIER and then select as 3G, then try. Let me know, you are first person with same issue as me.

I would have to keep trying to select camera to eventually get in to view camera. 3G is a stronger signal, but only goes up to 7Mbps, but stabler, stronger. LTE is up to 100Mbps approx. Really fast but weaker signal, less coverage. Think of burning cds, you can write at incredible speeds but chance a READ/WRITE error, BUT if you write at a slower speed your usually guaranteed the CD/DVD has no errors and burns successfully.

GOOD LUCK…

You could use remote software to access camera phones with ease for updates…

AirDroid
Android & IOS Teamviewer QS & OS
AirMirror

Many more I’m sure, hope this is a viable solution for you.

GOOD LUCK…