Coming out and in from home

Hello, with the latest update Alfred doesn’t ask me to turn off motion detection if at home. And even before it was very slow to tell me if I want. I received notifications of myself moving at home before it asking me to turn off.

Which device has the problem? Viewer or Camera
Device Model Name: Sony z5
OS Version: latest 6.0.1
AppVersion: latest

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

1 Like

Yup, I have the exact same problem after the latest update. Alfred is no longer asking me to turn off MD when I’m home.

1 Like

Hi @kint111,

Thank you for reaching out!

Is the problem persistent? We took a look at the stats and apparently Alfred did send out a reminder yesterday.

Please let me know if the problem is fixed!

Hi @a.solombrino1979,

Is the problem persistent? We took a look at the stats and apparently Alfred did send out a couple of reminders yesterday.

Please let me know if the problem is fixed!

Hello, sorry, I forgot to follow the conversation. Yes, the problem comes randomly, but it’s not a recent problem. Most of the times I receive moving notification of myself at home before receiving the answer if I want to turn off. When this happens (too often), Alfred asks me it only after few minutes.
Another problem is that Alfred recognizes and records only after few minutes after I enter at home (when I forget to turn off). I ask: if a thief enters, he can change room and Alfred doesn’t say anything? The door is in alfred sight, a little far, yes, but I can see it or I can see somebody moving, but Alfred needs people to be closer.

1 Like

Hi @a.solombrino1979,

Thanks for the reply!

Reminder is a more complicated mechanism that requires several things to function right to work. Maybe it takes your Viewer a little time to reconnect to your home WiFi, and that is why the Reminder pops up later.

As for the recording starting later, do you mean Alfred misses out on you entering the house altogether, or do you receive notification a bit later?

It starts to record too late, I don’t know why. Let’s suppose somebody enters in my home, he can cross all my first room and getting in another and probably Alfred doesn’t record. About the WiFi, for example today it didn’t give me the option, and after about 5 minutes I turned off manually, that is very annoying because we have to open the App, open each camera and wait until we see something on the image, than we can see the button to turn off. Another annoying situation is when we are out and we want to turn off and we don’t have a good connection. We have to wait a lot before we have the opportunity to turn off. It would be very helpful to have a button, a widget, to turn off and on all the cameras easily.

Hey @a.solombrino1979,

First of all, sorry about the Reminder not working normally. We have noticed some abnormalities recently as well. We are still looking into it, and we hope to get it fixed soon!

As for the starting to record too late problem, it is definitely strange. Has it always been the case, or is it new?

Hello,
After the last update I don’t receive the message I’m far from home… Do you want to turn on…
I have a problem with one of my 2 cameras, the Samsung s5, because it got dramatically hot some time ago and it became round! It’s still working but after the last update I have difficulties to connect to it, and I don’t know if it’s related to its own problems or a Alfred release problem. But the other camera, the Samsung note 2 is working fine and I don’t receive any message to turn or not on the camera when out from home. Why?

Hi @a.solombrino1979,

You’d be pleased to know that we have recently fixed Alfred’s Motion Detection Reminder. The bug fix will go live with the next update. Please bear with us for a little while more!

The Samsung s5 problem could be more related to the device. It sounds like you might need a new battery. Batteries do have a life expectancy. If it is getting too hot or even puffing up, it could damage the phone. This might be why you have problems connecting to it (the WiFi receptor might be damaged).

I hope this helps! Please wait for our next release to fix the Reminder problem and get a new battery for s5!

1 Like

السلام عليكم انا لا لا اعرف لمذا عندما احفظهن يروح المقطع

Hi @alirslan1011,

The recorded videos are temporarily stored on Alfred’s cloud. You can find them in your Event Book:

Please note that they are automatically deleted after 7 days. If you want to keep them, follow the instructions here:

Hope this helps!