Clear. Saw. Something on. Phone from alfed but. It. Did. Not record

motion

Does this answer your question? If not, leave a comment. We’ll get back to you really soon!!
Go back to the list of Frequently Asked Questions or read messages from other superheroes.
If you are new here, welcome to Alfred Center.

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

Hi @wileve1950,

Thank you for reaching out!

Please make sure your Motion Detection is activated:

You can also record clips manually:

Please note that for the moment, Motion Detection doesn’t work when you are watching live feed from your Camera device, but we are working on it!

Hope this helps!

While the title of this topic isn’t the best, it does describe the problems I continue to experience. Whether at daytime or at night, Alfred’s motion detection is inconsistent. It will “detect” motion for the slightest of reasons like shadow changes or sounds (or no reason at all), yet it will fail to record a car driving by the window. At other times, it will detect motion appropriately and begin to record, but there will be problems with the recording: it will either record only a photo snapshot, or will fail to record the entire activity (often stopping after 3-4 seconds, or simply freezing after 5-6 seconds yet creating a “video” file that is up to 120 seconds long).

I’m trying to keep watch on a car while I can’t see it personally, especially at night, because the keys were recently stolen in a burglary and I haven’t been able to rekey the car yet. Presumably the thief could be coming back for the car any minute now. While it’s already impossible for the thief to operate the car due to a fuse I removed, it would be very meaningful - both to me and my neighborhood which has experienced multiple breaking and entering of vehicles lately - if we could capture footage of the criminals in action.

Unfortunately, the worsening performance of Alfred is making that progressively harder. Please help!

Edit: tried to upload video example of this problem but your system does not allow that. How are we supposed to provide this to you for troubleshooting?

Hi Brandon,

Welcome to Alfred Center!

We are sorry for what you have experienced. Alfred’s Motion Detection algorithm decides if there has been “movement” by comparing one frame with the next. As a result, light/shadow changes could indeed trigger recording.

We are dedicated to making the Motion Detection algorithm smarter by detecting specific movement. Before that becomes a reality, could you try a different setup? Set a different sensitivity or put the Camera closer to the place you want to monitor.

You are welcome to send us a link to a Motion Event or even a photo of what you see on the Viewer. That way, we can give you more specific advice. If you want, please write an email to support@my-alfred.com.

As for the freezing video, we found that there has been an issue with the media player on iOS devices. If you find a video paused in the middle on your iPhone, please go to Alfred’s WebViewer to view the complete video file. Our engineering team will also try to fix this issue as soon as possible.

Give this a go and let us know how it works out!