Can't switch between rear and front camera

it’s stuck to the front camera and I need to use the rear one.

2 Likes

Hi @hanninenerik,

Thank you for reaching out!

Does your rear lens function normally? Can you tap on the three dots on the bottom right of your Camera device, choose “Camera Settings,” and check the “Front Camera” option is not enabled?

Also, I know this sounds dumb, but dismiss and relaunch the app to see if things improve.

If they don’t, please let me know! I’d love to help you figure it out!

It works by relauching the app on the camera device, but when I switch to front camera I can’t switch back to rear without relauching the app.

Hey @hanninenerik,

Wow you’ve really got us scratching our heads here!

Which device are you experiencing this issue with? Also, can you check if the rear lens is not broken?

I’m using an Alcatel Onetouch Pop C5. It works fine on the rear cam (so the lens is fine), but when I switch to the front I just can’t switch back. When I press the button, it thinks for about a second (that blue loading ring pops up), but it really doesn’t do anything.

Hi @hanninenerik,

We are still looking into this.

In the meantime, would you be able to flip the phone so that your front Camera is facing the area you want to monitor?

Also: have you always had this problem with this device or is it new?

1 Like

I have the same problem with my acer tablet. Suddenly I cant access the rear camera. I am unable to touch the acer as I am away

@johnvm350 try disabling the camera device then turn it back on.

Thank you. Tried disabling and turning back on a number of times. Has not worked so far

After disabling from camera settings I then went back to main screen where it said " camera is disabled " i re anabled from that screen and it now works.

4 Likes

My option to switch the camera to the rear isn’t there anymore and on snapchat when I try to switch it doesn’t work. How do I fix the camera to where it will switch.

Hi,

Thanks for visiting Alfred Center!

Could you please provide a screenshot of what you see on the screen? Chances are the connection is lost when you tried to switch the Camera. Please connect to a more stable network, relaunch Alfred and try again.

Let us know if it helps!

Dear tecno team,

Why silly answers you are giving to all. It’s a software issue need to give update ASAP and fix this flip to back camera option not showing. Or send satisfactory answer to me. I’m your regular customer but this issue is major. You should fix it ASAP.

Please check pick there is no opinion to switch camera

HI can you help me also cause my back camera is not switching , it says ANOTHER CAMERA BROKEN CANNOT SWITCH , by the way my phone is VIVO Y91 , i didn’t drop this once but i can’t understand , the other day October 29, 2019 my camera in the back was functioning good but in the other day i think on November 5 or 6 my Flashlight didn’t work and then when i open my camera on the back was broken and cannot switch . both flash light and camera on the back was not functioning

2 Likes

wait ill screenshot my problem

3 Likes

same thing happen with me too i also have this set… How to fix this plz help…?

Same thing happen in my Vivo y91 Last nov.6 2019 … How can i fix this?

Mera bhi camera block ho gaya hai kaise theek ho gaya

have you find the solution on this problem? I’m having the same problem.