Cannot view camera feed from browser

webviewer
video

I can view live camera feed from my mobile device via Alfred app. I cannot view the live camera feed via Chrome browser on a PC. Error message states: “Failed to connect to camera”. I have tried on a couple different PCs, 1 PC was internal to my home network, 1 PC was external not on my home network. Chrome browser is up to date (Version 63.0.3239.132). Same result on any PC I try, cannot view camera feed. The camera device has the most current version of the Alfred app. I have factory reset the camera device, which is an Android Moto XT1060 phone, but same result.

Which device has the problem? Viewer
Device Model Name: PC (laptop/desktop)
OS Version: Windows 10
AppVersion: Android 1512

Hi @sgr426,

Thank you for reaching out to Alfred!

To solve your problem, here are some things you can try:

1. Go to Google, log out of all of your accounts, and then open the WebViewer to try again.
  2. Open the WebViewer in incognito mode.
  3. Try a different browser, preferably one with no plug-in or extension installed. This is a common reason that could cause login issues.

Hope it helps! Let us know if you need further assistance!

Hi luke.yeh,

I appreciate your response, but unfortunately none of the steps you provided resolved the issue.

1. Go to Google, log out of all of your accounts, and then open the WebViewer to try again.
    -Tried, but same result. Black screen with no view of camera. Bytes/sec = 0; Frames/sec = 0
  2. Open the WebViewer in incognito mode.
    -Tried, but same result. Black screen with no view of camera. Bytes/sec = 0; Frames/sec = 0
  3. Try a different browser, preferably one with no plug-in or extension installed. This is a common reason that could cause login issues.
    -Used Chrome and FireFox, but same result. Black screen with no view of camera. Bytes/sec = 0; Frames/sec = 0

Also to note, I have tried on multiple PCs and devices inside my network and outside my network, but all without success.

Hi Greg,

Thank you for reaching out back!

Are you able to log in properly? Is the screen just black? Could you please provide a screenshot of what you see on the device?

In any case, there are a few things you can try:

1. Make sure the issue is not caused by the disconnection of your Camera phone.
  1. Sometimes the video transmission is blocked by the firewall in your environment such as the company’s internet. Try connecting your PC/Mac to a different network to see if the problem persists.

2. If it takes too long for the live feed to come through, disabling hardware decoding acceleration may help.

1. Sometimes a browser update could cause issues with the WebViewer. If the WebViewer worked before but not anymore, try to revert to the old version or use another browser to see if it works. Don’t forget to let us know so we can fix it.

Please keep us posted. There are many, many variables when it comes to the WebViewer, which makes troubleshooting more complicated.