Can view still image in preview, but live video doesn't stream

connectivity

After I load up the camera app it streams with no problems while I’m home. As soon as I try and connect via another wifi outside or use my mobile data, the stream doesn’t load and just displays the ‘loading’ wheel. Network connection is good. Able to view the still image in the overview window and refresh for another still image but can’t get a live stream.

Which device has the problem? Camera
Device Model Name: Samsung Galaxy S3
OS Version:
AppVersion: latest

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

Hey @englishguyinny,

Thanks for reaching out!

We took a look at the logs and saw that the connection can be properly established between your two devices, but you exit the session within a few seconds.

Please give Alfred a little more time and see what happens. If that doesn’t work, try to initiate a live-viewing session again.

Let me know if it helps!

I leave it for about 30 seconds before I give up. It just is stuck on the orange spinning circle when I try to initate a live view. When it does work, it connects immediately. Do you have any other suggestions?

When I leave it - It takes about 30 seconds then I get an Uh Oh 7001 error.
Even though when I refresh the still image is shows it is still connected.

The motion detector is running smoothly but the live streaming is not running it takes a long time and it didn’
t work

Hey @englishguyinny,

Thank you so much for the reply!

You get 7001 when there is an issue with the Internet on your Viewer end. Have you noticed if the location or network makes any difference at all?

Please keep me posted!

Hey @lanceandrade123,

Thank you so much for reaching out!

Do you get any error message when you try to start a live-viewing session? If you could let me know that, I’d be able to help you out better!

I get the code 7001 when I’m off my wifi no matter where I’m, I can see the preview window but cant stream only shows network normal and try to connect then the 7001 message comes up.

Hi @ozz1989 ,

Welcome to Alfred Center!

7001 indicates a connection issue on your Viewer’s side. This mostly happens when the connection between your devices is a relay connection instead of P2P. However, as long as your Camera is connected, it should still be working normally. You can still find the recordings later in your Event Book. We suggest you can wait a while to see if the problem persists or just try to connect to a different network (office network, free WiFi…)
If you still see 7001, please check this post out:

Let me know if you have further question/feedback!

I got the reverse issue, I mean I can’t see the static preview but the live feed works ok. That is on webviewer. On the mobile I see the preview. This came up few days ago. Tried Firefox 64 and Chrome latest…same issue (on W10 pro). Tried cookies cache deleted reload nothing worked. Before this the same AV (Kaspersky) and other settings were the same so…suddenly the preview stopped. Any advice? I have H264 enabled and trackers (same settings as before when it worked). Also the trackers were allowed as in FAQ advices. Forgot to mention that the same issue was on 2 different PC on W10 pro different networks also 2 different AV.

Hey,

Thanks for reporting the issue!

Could you please provide a screenshot of what you see on the WebViewer when the issue occurs so that we can look into it more carefully?

This is what I see. The recording is ok movement detection and all works. Just the preview is stuck.

Hey,

Thanks for providing the information!

Since WebViewer usually transmits a larger amount of Camera data in the background comparing with mobile app, the excessive data transmission is more likely to cause unstable connection.

In order to solve this problem, we let WebViewer’s preview image update a little slower than the mobile app. That is why you may have to wait a few seconds or minutes (depending on the network speed and server status, etc.) to see the preview image.

We recommend that you can click on the Camera to watch live video directly or check the preview image from Alfred on your mobile phone.

Hope this solves your doubts. Let us know if you have further questions/feedback!

I see, thanks for info. At least I won’t mess around anymore with the settings knowing it’s not me :slight_smile:
LE: Now it’s back.