Camera not recording events

To better identify the issue, please fill out the form below so we can give you more specific advice accordingly.

1. The Gmail account you use to sign in to Alfred (Optional): madeannotary19@gmail.com

2. App version (You can find it on the About page): 4.2.2

3. Which device has the problem (Viewer or Camera name): camera

4. Description (Any screenshot or video would be very helpful): my camera motion detection picks up everything except actual events. Here’s a screen shot that was captured from motion detection this morning. of my neighbors car in their driveway. However it never detected when they got gome last night. Then it recorded something (the wind) an hour later and their vehicle was gone. It should have recorded her coming down her stairs.

Not to mention it did not record my boyfriend leaving 20 minutes ago. It recorded events better before I purchased the subscription.

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

Hey,

Thanks for visiting Alfred Center!

Alfred’s Motion Detection algorithm decides if there has been “movement” by comparing one frame with the next. As a result, light/shadow changes from sun or backlight from windows or doors could indeed trigger false alarms.

To ensure that Alfred only captures the important moment, please do not place the Camera at:

1. Moving trees, clouds, flags, etc.
  2. Screen window or glass with watermarks. Alfred might focus on the wrong objects.

You can get more accurate Motion Events by mounting the Camera 1 to 2 meters above the ground or floor. The best monitoring area is 0.5 to 12 meters from the Camera position when the sensitivity is set to high.

I did some tests with Alfred after a breakin, put the mobile aiming at my storagelocker, put on notifications and recording. I did a test of it, and for some weird reason it stopped the recording while I was still clearly in frame and moving around. isnt there any way to increase the time alfred records video? for example that it has to be 10 seconds of continued stillness for alfred to turn off the recording? for me, as I said, it turned off the recording while I was moving a lot infront of the camera (simulating the looking through my boxes that the robbers must have done) would appreciate if I could be sure of getting their faces on record! It chopped the whole test up into 3 pieces… It should have been one continuous recording…? why are there no settings for recording time? is it a storage issue for you? cant we store it on google drive or something if that is the case…?

Something that important just buy an IP camera, check your favourite market website £15 or less.