Camera naming on iOS 12 and mysterious disconnects

I have noticed that very often, late at night, Comcast/Xfinity 1Gbps service sends a restart signal to its cable modem/wireless router. I don’t know how common this practice is but I suspect it is the reason my iPhone 8 Plus disconnects and becomes unreachable.
Another possible problem. I named the camera phone “Sharon’s iPhone 8 Plus 2” and found that it was showing 7007 disconnect errors constantly despite the fact it was working fine. I even logged out and back into the account with temporary success.
The phone is sitting on my desk 10 feet from the WiFi router and the signal strength indicator is maxed out.
I just remembered that some other company’s software has had trouble not recognizing allowable Bonjour names. I have seen software that cannot cope with spaces and others the cannot handle apostrophe characters so I changed the name of the camera phone to “82”. Barring those companies that can’t handle IDs that begin with a digit, or consist only of numbers this appears to be working. The camera was immediately recognized as being online.
About the late night router resets. All other phones in the house never are disconnected by this brief interruption of service. Even phones connected to the same power source have no problem. Only the camera running your app (the very latest) and in the single app mode.
The losing connection problem does not occur on an identical iPhone that’s only difference is it has a working sim chip and cellular account that it falls back on on loss of the WiFi signal. A flaw in the used phone camera idea?

Hi Joe,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

We took a look at the logs and it seems that your Camera logged itself out sometimes. Could you please try to re-login or reinstall the app to see if the situation gets better? What’s more, please try Guided Access to ensure your Camera not deter by other application. You can see how here:

This is a matter of concern and it might have been something to do with the recent iOS 12 update. Our engineering team will continue to pay attention to this issue.

Please keep us posted if you find out anything!