Camera is suddenly disconnected

Would be nice is I get a notification when camera is disconnected. A couple of times I have seen the camera disconnected without changing the status in the settings. I have to turn it on again when I realize it is disconnected

1 Like

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for making Alfred a better service for your feedback!

We are working on disconnection notification which will tell you when your Camera has been disconnected. Please stay tuned and continue to support Alfred!

Wish you the best!

I would like an update on this. Just went to check camera and found it hasn’t been active for a day. No reason indicated by Pixel 2 or the app. This isn’t reliable.

Hi Hunter,

The most likely reasons are

1. the Camera is offline because the reception is poor.
    How to… Help Alfred Get the Most out of Your WiFi
  2. the Power key or the Home key is pressed.
    Why am I advised not to press the power key or home key?

Your Camera should have no problem staying online when it is fed with a strong and steady internet connection. Please give it a try!

If the issue persists, please let us know so that we can look into it further for you.

1 Like

I would like a refund for the premium service. It barely works to detect movement and it does not record nearly long enough when it does record movement. The movement continues, but the recording stops after 5s. You are doing this to cut down your costs, but this is not working as advertised. I can provide numerous examples of this.

Please advise how we can complete this refund process. Thank you.

Hi,

For the freezing video, we found that there has been an issue with the media player of iOS. If you find a video paused in the middle on your phone, please go to Alfred’s WebViewer (https://alfred.camera/webapp2/) to view the complete video file. Our engineering team will also try to fix this issue as soon as possible.

You are also welcome to send us a link to a Motion Event. That way, we can give you more specific advice.

Why does it stop recording after 5s? It picked up the motion, but stopped recording way too soon. What can be done differently? If nothing can be done, this isn’t the service for me. Thanks.

Hi Hunter,

Thank you for providing the video!

Alfred’s Motion Detection algorithm decides if there has been “movement” by comparing one frame with the next. As a result, Motion Detection might function not as properly as it should at night, since the comparison becomes not strong enough.

Have you tried the HIGH sensitivity or set your phone in a different position/angle?