Batteries swelled in phones - scared to use them again!

I have used 2 Moto G4 phones for months that I have kept plugged in constantly. Thursday I could not connect to them, and after looking into why, I found out both of their factory batteries swelled up so much it warped the phone backs! Now I’m scared to use phones constantly plugged in for fear this will happen again. Any ideas on what I should do?

Same issue here. Maybe use the phone without back plate.

I’m thinking it’s dangerous all the way around, back cover or not.

You can retro fit a fan. A little one like is used in a PC on the chips and run it from the USB power. Not ideal I know. Or you could use your favourite market website and search for a proper IP camera, they are cheap enough now from £12 and do not explode from my knowledge.

My Samsung S4 and LG G4 phones warped after about 1 year. Maybe due to having cases on them? This could be a potential fire/safety hazard. If this is the case, you need to make sure that cases are not used with Alfred. This has ruined 2 phones for me :frowning:

1 Like

I had one warp like that without a case on it. For the phone I am using now, I got one of those 24 hour timer switches. It lets the phone charge for a few hours, then takes the power away. My battery screen looks like this using it:
Screenshot_6

1 Like

Which app is that? I will try it but I don’t know what to look for on Google Play.

This isn’t an app. It’s a timed switch you that plug your charger into that switches on and off at set intervals.

2 Likes

Sorry for a dumb question! Thanks for letting me know. That makes sense - I could set it to power off for 10 or 12 hours and come back on. Thanks!

1 Like