How do I activate Motion Detection?
How can I be notified instantly when a movement occurs?
How can I customize Notification on Each Camera (Android 8.0 & above only)?
How can I be reminded to turn on Motion Detection after leaving home (MDR)?
- How to customize the schedule of Motion Detection (MDS)?
Motion Detection not working
1. Make sure Motion Detection has been turned on
Quick check-up to make sure whether MD functions normally
- Close the live session during the test. (Alfred’s Motion Detection doesn’t work when there is a live session going on.)
- Make some movements in front of Camera and check if you are seeing a recording sign on the top right corner.
- Check if you receive a notification on your Viewer
- Check if you can find the Events in your Event Book.
2. Check your connection on Viewer/Camera
What Alfred does when an Event is generated is uploading a snapshot first. In a few seconds, the video should follow. If the Internet is cut off before the video can be uploaded, however, only the snapshot will be available.
3. Your Camera is running out of internal storage space
- Free up some space for app.
- Clear up some internal memory.
- Reboot your Viewer/Camera.
4. The device overheats and stops Motion Detection mechanism from working normally
- Use charging accessories from the original manufacturers.
- Use a charger with a timer.
- Unplug the device for a couple of hours a day if you can.
- When you don’t need Motion Detection, disable the Camera from your Viewer with Alfred’s Remote Switch
1. Set the sensitivity to medium or low
Alfred’s Motion Detection algorithm decides if there has been “movement” by comparing one frame with the next. As a result, light/shadow changes could indeed trigger recording.
2. Add something above your Camera to cover the lens to reduce light/shadow changes
3. Position your Camera in a different location/angle to find the best setup
The recording time is too short
1. Set the sensitivity to high
2. Position your Camera in a different location/angle to find the best setup
Alfred’s Motion Detection algorithm determines how long the recording is depending on the movement. In order to keep you notified as soon as something happens, the recording is kept at a length between 5 and 30 seconds. (5 and 120 seconds for Premium users) If the movement continues, it will be broken into multiple clips.
Motion Detection Notification
No MD notification
1. Make sure notification has not been turned off / muted
- Turn on notifications in the app.
2. Make sure notifications from Alfred has been allowed
- Go to System Setting on Viewer.
- Choose “App”> “Alfred”>"Notification ".
- Enable the option of allowing notifications from Alfred.
- Tap “General” and make sure the settings look the same as the screenshot below
3. Check the connection of Viewer
When the motion has occurred but the connection of your Viewer Phone is not stable, Alfred will not resend the notifications.
4. Lock Alfred in the background
5. Disable battery optimizing on Alfred
- Go to System Setting > “App” > “Alfred”>“Battery”
- Turn on the option of “Allowing the app to run in the background”
See the screenshot
- Choose “Battery Optimization” (If you did not find the option above)
- Switch to the “All apps” list from the drop-down to see all of the apps on your device.
- Exclude Alfred from the Doze feature.
Motion Detection Reminder (MDR)
MDR not working
1. Make sure MDR has been enabled
- Turn on Motion Detection(MD) and MDR on your Camera
- Connect your Camera and Viewer to the same network connection.
- Turn off MD on the camera
- Connect your Viewer to another network connection.
- Wait to see whether you receive the notification reminding you to enable MD.
- Turn on MD on Camera.
- Connect your Viewer to the same connection with your Camera.
- Wait to see whether you will receive the notification reminding you to disable MD.
2. Lock Alfred in the background (for Android 8.0 device, Huawei, Xiomi, Oppo)
Motion Detection Schedule (MDS)
I have subscribed to Alfred Premium. Why can't I use the feature?
1. Make sure all devices have been updated to the latest version
App version supported for MDS:
- Android: 3.14.06 and up
- iOS: 1.12.0 and up
2. Relaunch or re-login Alfred.
MDS not working
1. Make sure the changes have been saved successfully
2. Check your Camera’s connection
If your Camera’s connection dropped at the time which you’ve scheduled to turn on/off MD, the setting would not be applied.
3. Check the date/time setting
You might have changed the date/time on your device after you set up the schedule. This would cause the feature to function abnormally. Please set up the schedule again to fix this issue.
4. If you have iOS Camera
Please allow the notification on your iOS Camera. (System Settings > Notifications > Alfred and Allow Notifications.) To disable the notification on iOS Camera would interfere with Motion Detection Schedule’s operation.