All about Connection Problems

connectivity

Common Cases for Connection Problems

The Camera goes offline and cannot wake up (7007/7009/7010)

You see Camera offline when the device has been disconnected, logged out of, run out of power or simply crashed. Please

1. Check your Camera’s power and internet connection.
  2. Relaunch Alfred on Camera.
  3. Keep Alfred running on the screen of Camera (i.e. Do not press the home key but turn on Alfred’s power-saving mode instead.)
  1. Reboot, clear the cache and data of Alfred on the Camera.
  2. Enable Guided Access on iOS Camera. (Check out how here)

Black screen / The image freezes in halfway (7001)

Check camera stats

Tap on the triangle next to “Network status” or your Camera’s name on the left to see if the numbers keep changing.

1.The number is changing

This mostly happens when (1) the speed is too slow or (2) the connection between your devices is a relay connection instead of P2P. Please

1. Start a new session and wait for at least 15 sec to see if the problem persists
  2. Connect the Viewer phone to a different network (office network, free WiFi…)

2. The number is not changing or even not showing:

This means Alfred is either still transmitting image data or failed to build up a connection between Viewer and Camera. Please

1. Restart a live session later and wait for a longer time.
  2. Connect the Viewer to another network or try our WebViewer to watch the live feed.
  3. Keep Alfred running on the screen of Camera (i.e. Do not press the home key but turn on Alfred’s power-saving mode instead.)
  1. Check the connection on the Camera’s end

It keeps asking to reconnect every few minutes

You see this message when the connection between the Viewer and the Camera cannot be established in P2P manner. Please

1. Connect the Viewer to another network.
  2. Check if the connection is blocked by your firewall or antivirus software.
  3. Check if the connection is restricted or slowed down by your service provider.

I am asked to wait 20 sec (1016)

Alfred does not offer concurrent/simultaneous viewing just yet. If you see 1016 message, please

1. Restart a live session later.
  2. Make sure all sessions on your other Viewers, Trust Circle Viewers, or WebViewer have been terminated before trying again

How Can I Improve the Camera’s Performance?

DO NOT put Alfred in the background

The phones will stop the apps from working when they are in the background. Please avoid pressing the home button after you set up the Camera. For ASUS, Huawei, OPPO, Xiaomi devices, please…

a. Huawei - go to Settings > Power-Saving > Protected Apps and allow Alfred to run when the screen is off.
b. ASUS, OPPO, Xiaomi - go to Settings > Startup Manager and allow Alfred to run in the background.

DO NOT press the power key

Most manufacturers have no idea their devices might one day become security cameras. They think that since you press the power key, you are putting your phone to sleep mode or standby mode. Therefore, the phone tries to save some battery by shutting down the Cameras. Please avoid pressing the power key after you set up the Camera in the future. Instead, you can tap the lock icon on the bottom right corner.

Connect the Camera to a stronger network

You can check the how strong the wifi reception your Camera has from Camera Health Check. You can also try the tips here to help your Camera receive more wifi.

Disable battery optimization or power-saving mode

When the device is in power-saving mode, the phone tries to save some battery by shutting down the Cameras. Please avoid pressing the power key and disable battery optimization in the system settings after you set up the Camera in the future.

Keep the Camera plugged in

Devices running on battery often enable power-saving mode and reduce WiFi reception capacity. To ensure continuous surveillance, we suggest you keep your Camera plugged in.

Turn on launch at reboot

There are apps you can install to reboot your phone and even schedule reboots. Once you have installed a rebooting app, you can enable “Launch at Reboot” on the Camera’s end.

Need further assistance? Go back to the list of frequently asked questions, check out the tips, start a new thread, or fill out the issue report form!

Introducing Our New User Interface >

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

What does the Error Code 7007 mean?
I am facing offline issue
Camera stops recording everyday at the same time
And he's buying a stairway, to........7007........(AGAIN!)
Frequently Asked Questions
Camera keeps going off line
How to prevent the Camera to fall asleep (how to keep it always online)?
Can't View camera when away from home on my mobile device
Camera is offline (7007)
Error cam offline
Error 7007 continuously when leaving home
Disconection
Strange problem
Keep getting 7007 code
All about Motion Detection/Notifications
About health check
Alfred Blocked in UAE?
I have problems with Alfred's WebViewer. What should I do?
Porque no conictar