Common Cases for Connection Problems
The Camera goes offline (7006/7007/7009/7010)
You see Camera offline when the device has been disconnected, logged out of, run out of power or simply crashed. Please go to your Camera and
- Do not press the home/power key after you relaunch Alfred. You can enable Alfred power-saving mode instead.
- Turn off battery optimization/power-saving mode for Alfred 8.0 and above.
- If you have a Huawei, Xiaomi, OPPO or ASUS phone as Camera, please review additional required settings here: https://alfred.camera/forum/t/1601295
- Reboot, clear the cache and data of Alfred on the Camera.
- Enable Guided Access, Accessibility Shortcut and Mirror Display Auto-Lock on iOS Camera.
Black screen / The image freezes in halfway (7001/7011)
Check camera stats
Tap on the triangle next to “Network status” or your Camera’s name on the left to see if the numbers keep changing.
1.The number is changing
This mostly happens when (1) the speed is too slow or (2) the connection between your devices is a relay connection instead of P2P. Please
- Start a new session and wait for at least 15 sec to see if the problem persists
- Connect the Viewer phone to a different network (office network, free WiFi…)
#### 2. The number is not changing or even not showing:
This means Alfred is either still transmitting image data or failed to build up a connection between Viewer and Camera. Please
- Restart a live session later and wait for a longer time.
- Connect the Viewer to another network or try our WebViewer to watch the live feed.
- Go to the Camera and relaunch Alfred.
- Do not press the home/power key after opening the app. You can enable Alfred’s power-saving mode instead.
- Check the connection on the Camera’s end
It keeps asking to reconnect every few minutes
You see this message when the connection between the Viewer and the Camera cannot be established in P2P manner. Please
- Connect the Viewer to another network.
- Check if the connection is blocked by your firewall or antivirus software.
- Check if the connection is restricted or slowed down by your service provider.
I am asked to wait 20 sec (1016)
Alfred does not offer concurrent/simultaneous viewing just yet. If you see 1016 message, please
- Restart a live session later.
- Make sure all sessions on your other Viewers, Trust Circle Viewers, or WebViewer have been terminated before trying again
How Can I Improve the Camera’s Performance?
DO NOT press the home and power button
Most manufacturers have no idea their devices might one day become security cameras. They think that since you press the home/power key, you are putting your phone to sleep mode or standby mode. Therefore, the phone tries to save some battery by shutting down the Cameras. Please avoid pressing the power key after you set up the Camera in the future. Instead, you can tap the lock icon on the bottom right corner.
Disable battery optimization or power-saving mode
When the device is in power-saving mode, the phone tries to save some battery by shutting down the Cameras. Please avoid pressing the power key and disable battery optimization in the system settings after you set up the Camera in the future.
Keep the Camera plugged in
Devices running on battery often enable power-saving mode and reduce WiFi reception capacity. To ensure continuous surveillance, we suggest you keep your Camera plugged in.
Enable Autostart service on ASUS, Huawei, OPPO, and Xiaomi devices
Your Camera may be terminated by the system or you can’t receive notifications without additional settings. Please
- Lock Alfred in the background.
- Allow Alfred to run when the screen is off:
System Settings > Battery > Startup Manager and allow auto-start
System Settings > Power-Saving > Protected Apps and allow Alfred to run when the screen is off
System Settings > Security > Privacy Permission > Startup Manager and allow Alfred to start up
System Settings > Security > Permissions > Autostart and enable Alfred
Connect the Camera to a stronger network
You can check the how strong the wifi reception your Camera has from Camera Health Check. You can also try the tips here to help your Camera receive more wifi.
Turn on launch at reboot
There are apps you can install to reboot your phone and even schedule reboots. Once you have installed a rebooting app, you can enable “Launch at Reboot” on the Camera’s end.