Alfredd didn't catch my thief

A few nights ago my vehicle was broken into. Over 5000 in tools I use for my business was taken. This was not caught on camera. In fact it shows a vehicle pass by and slow down. Then the next clip shows the vehicle drive off. The nighttime video is so poor and I use very nice Android device. Other apps the sound is great and video far superior to alfredd. I regret trusting alfredd. I knew my vehicle was a Target to neighborhood thieves. I believed Alfred would help. The video is useless and the crime not even caught. It looks as if a car stopped on my street then drove off. Nothing more. I know it will never happen but this the owner’s of this app should have to pay me 5000. What if it were gun toting psychopaths? Then they would never have been seen. So much for piece of mind. Don’t waste your security and piece of mind with this app. Luckily I had ordered a real installation from a reputable company that delivers a proper product. I needed a few days of security until ADT came. I still use Alfred to know when to let the dog back in. It’s no good to me otherwise.

4 Likes

Bueno, yo uso la aplicación gratis y realmente la visión nocturna no es muy efectiva en la versión free. Habría que ver la premium, no la uso por dificultades de crear una cuenta para abonar.
También debes tener en cuenta dos detalles; el primero es que el WiFi tiene altibajos y ese hace que haya periodos que no grabe por la pobre señal de internet y la otra cuestión es dejar la cámara con una buena iluminación o colocar un reflector con sensor de movimientos.

Sorry to hear about your experience. I have been saying for as long as I have been using Alfred that it is not a security system and definitely should not be relied upon. I have been recommended users to invest in proper equipment where they deem security essential.
IP cameras can be purchased for less than £15 and a basic system for less than £150.
Use your Alfred as a backup but please remember that Alfred is a bolt on and is just an App like your Bejeweled or clash of clans it is not a security system just a toy or game or at best a hobby.

My £15 IP camera. No subscription No ads, full HD, motion detection and live view at the same time, proper infrared night vision, Pan and tilt, wide angle lens, email notifications, local storage and an onvif output to store motion detection or 24/7 on a server. Two way audio. Also snapshot can be sent to your email on motion detection.
Also no swelling batteries and no constant updates to worry about. I haven’t had to reset this camera ever.