Alfred turns itself off randomly

Which device has the problem? Camera
Device Model Name: iPhone 4S
OS Version: iOS 9.3.5
AppVersion: 1.10.9 (build 706)

Since updating to the latest Alfred version the app turns itself off randomly. I have three iPhone 4S in different positions in my house and this happens to all three from time to time.

In the viewer it says “This camera is offline (7007)” and when I check the camera phone it’s in home screen mode. When I start the app again it goes directly to camera view and everything works fine for a while, and then it happens again.

I have not found any reason for this to happen and I have turned off everything I can think of in all the phones. They are all in constant power and in power saving mode.

This is really bad since the coverage of my house is decreased every time this happens. Also, it’s a pain in the *ss since I don’t have the phones in fixed positions, so I have to align the cameras each time I have to handle the phones.

Is it possible to downgrade to the previous version of Alfred, which was more stable?

Lg G6 is the camera device and a Galaxy Note 8 is the viewer device and I can’t view any motion videos is not detecting anyting it’s not showing live views either

@invisiblebeauty8 have you tried this usual suspects like reinstall, reboot, make sure your not in power saving mode, make sure both devices have the latest version. Is there a picture on the camera device ? Is motion detection activated ? Check your health report.

Please create a separate thread regarding your problem.

@flintsstone555 I don’t think one person creating a new thread at the is going to save this forum at the moment as it is so archaic, fragmented and abused that it’s pretty damn hard to follow anyhows. Perhaps it’s time to scrub it in favour of a more traditional forum and not one that’s solely designed specifically for interaction by petty rewards. Darn should of started a new thread for this reply, sorry.

You’ll have to check each phone for unusual background services.
No signal causes this too.

I am creating a sort of walkthrough for new users.
@pinkilee LEAVE THE trophies alone!
I enjoy getting mine! :grin:

Note: Once setup, phones are best left alone unless you notice problems

L@@k Constant fiddling always leads to problems.
People fix things when they dont need things fixing sometimes.

No offence meant.

@chipfryer

How can I check for unusual background services? As stated I have turned off all notifications and other things that I can think of. Also, this started after the latest Alfred update…everything else is the same as before with the phones.

I don’t have iphones so I’m not the best person to answer this really.
I did a clean sweep on every device both viewer and camera. Alfred is the only app on my real viewer
phone.
Perhaps someone with an iphone?

Men and their trophies @chipfryer

Having the same issue with iphone 4 and ios 9.x, sometimes it works for some days, sometimes in a few hours goes down.

Hi @mmcb.emre ,

Thanks for reporting the issue!

Could you try to uninstall Alfred and reinstall it again? Please assure your phone leave more the 30M data storage to reinstall Alfred.

In the meantime, please avoid pressing home button or power key after you set up Camera. Instead, you can tap the Lock icon on the bottom right corner. What’s more, please try Guided Access to ensure your Camera not deter by other application. You can see how here:

Let us know if you need further assistance!