Alfred = Fire hazzard. Burn your home for a small fee

@annoyed082
Thank you for that cordial response. The phones I’m able to get hold of, aren’t the best. Often without original cables/ chargers. That said, the cable’s etc that I’ve bought are perfectly compatible.
No I’m just the charger with USB cable.

My signal does fluctuate. But that doesn’t explain the oldest most decrepit phone, having the best signal/uptime, when furthest away from from the modem.

Batteries are simply put. To be watched with care. 4 days ago a flight had to land owing to a seat fire from a battery.

Smart suitcases on board can no longer store lithium batteries.

Some airlines now carry bags in which a firey phone can be put.
The list is growing…

At least some people are starting realize the potential dangers.

Phones are, after all phones. We are told to plug them in, leave them plugged in, place them. Often in areas where they are hidden. This could mean, around combustible materials too? Depends on user…

As many will have noticed. This was not a reflection on Alfred, but merely pointing out the facts as they are.
Alfred is but one of many apps.
All bare the same issues.
Even my laptop battery.

All of my devices will be outside. One still remains indoors and believe me.

I do not want to see that message.
“Phone not charging”.
Twice that meant the battery emitting gas and tripling in size in less than 2 days after previous checking.

It’s up to the individual.
Best regards.

1 Like

My speed cam box

2 Likes

Buying cheap stuff from China sounds like that’s your problem… i’ve always thought about that but I have phones running on this app for years as cameras and have never even been warm. $1000 phones and $50 phones. App seems to use a fair bit of power so it keeps your battery working well even though on constant charge. I found of your phone sometimes gets a bit overheated and majorly drains the battery no good having viewer running all the time
With other apps.

2 Likes

@mjadolphus71
Hi. Yep, but. Most things are made in China. That’s why Donald is flapping.
In any case, this was the source in this case. Brand I mean.

Just for consumer info. Since everyone seems to be luckier.

Battery bulge:
Weather extremely hot.

This was a false positive. I often get power outages so why worry?

Around 48 hours later. Battery was tripled in size.

Sorry I cannot give a timescale between that and it actually catching fire.

I’ve had a house fire. I don’t want it again.
With respect, It isn’t my problem, it is a problem no one should ignore.
May never happen?

I sincerely hope it doesn’t to anyone. I really like Alfred, truthfully I do. It has helped me a lot.

I see people driving around with crosses dangling from car windows. Nothing will happen to them because of this.

I take a different route frankly.

Thank you very much for your reply, to the mods for allowing this post.

Cheers all.

1 Like

Same here, I posted “does Alfred want to burn my house down?” a while ago when three of my phone’s batteries got hot and swelled up to near bursting. A fire would have been devastating here as I live in a 6 bedroom LOG CABIN. No explanation from Alfred, just some nonsense from an obvious shill for them. Hey, we’re just like Uber… we’re just an app and not responsible for it’s use. BS I say. Shills abound, after reading some of the replies and blaming “old” phones. NOBODY is going to use a new phone for this.

2 Likes

Honestly dude, your being offense now. You calling me a shill is so ridiculous if you search my posts I very often promote alternative hardware and software and criticise Alfred’s pricing policy.
You just have to own up to your own responsibilities. If you find Alfred dangerous just go purchase an IP camera, they are cheap and easy to setup, they are better because they are built for purpose and don’t explode that I know of. So please stop being a snowflake and apologies for calling me a shill and I won’t tell anyone that you are a closet gay probably.
Good day.

4 Likes

@lukenlimos1
Shill? Never heard of that, but good cop, bad yes.
Useful for extraction purposes.
Dunno frankly, couldn’t answer that. I DO KNOW A LOG CABIN IS FLAMMABLE!.

You’re right, pinky is right. No one in thier right mind would purchase a brand new phone for use as a unmaintained device, you’d be nuts!

Ip’s are ok. No use in areas where signal loss is frequent. But I bet they come back when it is!

@pinky-free-user.
Brext did this. They want all you got. Are you willing to hand it all over?

I never will, just me. You have tge upper hand, we’ll see.

Best to all, God’s speed, rest ‘n’ All that good stuff.

Out.

1 Like

Most trusted phone shut down today. Reason? Battery was overheating so it shut Alfred down.
Now that’s what I call intuitive.

Alfred us now Bloatware. More features = more power needed. More power needed = more usage.
More usage spells trouble.

I remember Alfred being something around 15mb. I think it is nearly double that now?

It’s a phone, not a gaming platform!

Anyway, I’m sick of killing phones. Some looked pretty good, were useful for other things!

Stick Alfed on it. That’ll sort that out, just give it time enough, no worries.

1 Like

Update:
Been on a trip. Long one, needed comfort knowing the house was ok. Alfred failed again. This time a phone got so hot, the screen actually fell off!
That was just the 2nd day after a reboot for the same thing.
Thank goodness I had IP’S!
(Camera’s).

For me, this is the end of the road. Started good, but as with all things, things serve thier time, then they are done.

Alfred is great for checking out what your partner is doing when they aren’t with you it seems.

As a security ‘System’.
That’s complete BS.

It wont work, there are too many variables. So…
When my last phone dies.
I’ll cancel my membership here for good.

At least I stayed around. Someone, somewhere, even an admin should give me credit for that at least, but I surely do not expect that!

Regards.

1 Like