5 Tips for Making Alfred the BEST PET CAM

tips

Do you ever wonder what your pets are up to when you are not at home? Alfred always knows! Here are some tips for making Alfred the BEST PET CAM EVER!

Protecting Your Family Can Be This Easy!

1) Location, location, location

You want to set Alfred up lower, because that way you can see what they are doing more clearly. Set up multiple Camera devices where they spend most of their time, and/or add a fish eye lens so you get a better view. Bonus point: imagine how cute it would be if your pet comes running towards the Camera device!

2) Secure Alfred

Cable ties are probably your best friends! You wouldn’t want your dog to nudge Alfred over with its nose or your cat to paw Alfred to the floor.

3) Cable/Cord Wisdom

Make sure the cables/cords are as out of the way as possible so that your Camera Phones wouldn’t be accidentally unplugged.

4) Take advantage of Two-Way Talk

The number 1 feature we recommend to Superhero pet parents is Two-Way Talk. Make sure you turn the volume of your Camera Phone up and don’t place any electronic appliances near it (air purifier, for example) so that you’d be able to hear things clearly.

5) Monitor their night life with Low-Light Filter

Especially if you have a cat/ferret/another nocturnal pet, you’d be really curious about what they are up to in the middle of the night. Well guess what, you can with Alfred! Turn on Low-Light Filter (tap on the moon icon) and think of it as supervised party time! Remember to leave a tiny bit of light out so you can unleash the full potential of this feature.

How do you set up Alfred as your pet cam? Share your tips with everyone by replying to this post!

Psst look at Spaz:

The screen of the Viewer Phone must be so fluffy!

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

Alfred TV Cat Channel
Why Multi-Pet Families NEED Alfred
Alfred TV Cat Channel
5 Tips for Introducing Cats
Alfred on YouTube!
Hi Alfred, can you recommend some accessories to use with Alfred APP?

Can a button for alarm/siren be also place with other buttons . This is to scared burglar 8n case of break in

Hey @philsecuretech!

Thanks for reaching out!

We are actually looking into the possibility. Please continue to support Alfred and stay tuned!

Como le puedo dar zoom a alfred

Hi @jesusgomezg18,

Thank you for reaching out!

We will add zoom to Alfred soon. Please continue to support Alfred and stay tuned!

Existe um botão micro fone no celular vídeo mas como faço pra ouvir no celular câmera ?

Ouvir no celular câmera?

Hi @evertongezer,

Thank you for reaching out!

You can enable to audio from the Camera Phone:

After that, you should be able to hear the audio feed from the Viewer device!

Do you have any tip for getting the motion sensing to work with cats? I’ve tried setting the sensitivity to high and medium but cats are never sensed, only people.

Hey @timoprins,

Thanks for joining us at Alfred Center!

It’d be really helpful if you would consider showing us a photo of your setup as well as links to a couple of Motion Events. Alfred’s Motion Detection should be able to pick up on cats with no problem, but factors such as light/distance can definitely play a role.

Is there a way to remind the viewer to turn any/all alarms on the cam phone off? Right after I left the snooze alarm went off on my cam phone and was on when I returned… 45 mints later.

Tiny typo if you’d want to know :slight_smile: . Have a great day.

Hey @jacklindacam,

Thank you so much for letting me know! It has been corrected :slight_smile:

when alfredi cam than my phone off

Como posso ter certeza que só eu tenho acesso aos meus vídeos e arquivos.e ninguém pode ver oque eu vejo?

Hi @hayat.khantrad,

Thank you for joining us at Alfred Center!

Did you press the power/home key after setting the Camera up? Please don’t!

You can read more about it here:

Let me know if it helps!

Hi @podinir204,

Thanks for reaching out!

Alfred adopts Gmail login, which means as long as you keep your Gmail account safe, your videos are safe. Please read more about other measures we use to protect your privacy here:

Hope it helps!

Hi,
Thank you for developing this great app. I would like some extra features like password on viewer and password on camera.
Another feature I would like is to be able as viewer or as camera to see who of shared is actually watching at that moment online. Or how many viewer you got logged in and maybe forgot about.

Thank

And also location activation would be nice.

Or a warning for viewer when somebody you shared with is logging in.