3 Tips for Setting Alfred up Outdoors/on the Driveway

tips

EXCELENTE ALFRED MUY BUENO ACA EN ARGENTINA AGARRARON A DIOS LADRONES GRACIAS A ALFRED
EXCELLENT ALFRED VERY GOOD ACA IN ARGENTINA GATHERED TO GOD THIEVES THANKS TO ALFRED

Hi @ramfet45,

Thank you so much for sharing! I’m glad Alfred helped you catch a thief!

If it’s OK with you, we’d really appreciate it if you could share the video with us!

I was able to catch a theif in the act at my residence. I am so grateful for alfred and some of the security it gives me knowing there’s motion detection and recording!!

Heather Coupland

Hey @poopshoopcoup80,

Wow, thank you so much for sharing! We are thrilled to hear Alfred helped you catch a thief! Have you submitted the clips to the police?

Just in case you need to download a hard copy, here is how:

Please continue to support Alfred and let me know if you have any feedback/questions!

se puede agregar otra camara y que trabajen las 2 juntas ???

Hi @rodriguezsergio901,

Thank you for joining us at Alfred Center!

Yes, you can add as many Cameras to your Alfred as you want! Just download Alfred on your second Camera, log in with the same Gmail, and you will be able to see it from your Viewer device.

If you want to monitor two Cameras at the same time, you can do it with Alfred’s WebViewer. Please read more here:

Hope this helps!

Just caught my roommate in my room stealing thanks to alfred!

Hey @ayhassinger,

Thank you so much for sharing! I hope you’ll be able to sort this out with her and that it won’t ever happen again!

PS: To make sure your Camera device can’t be turned off now that she knows it’s there, please remember to enable Passcode Lock:

Great thread. I’m trying to come up with a way to block out certain portions of the camera’s view like trees that keep triggering motion detection.

Just wondering why my camera that is an allwinner 7 inch tablet has stopped alerting me when there is motion detected and what do I do about this?? Thanks

Hi @poopshoopcoup80,

Thank you for reaching out!

Has the problem persisted? For the moment, I can’t seem to find this device in our system. Have you deleted it?

Keep me posted so I can take a closer look!

I had a phone that was connected for months to the AC adapter. Inevitably, the battery started to swell and the phone stopped working. There I learned that is always good practice to check the phone often to make sure something like this doesn’t happen (worst case scenario, the battery could blow up and cause a fire or something like that). Now I have the phone connected to a plug timer. That way it is not charging 100% of the time and allows the battery to drain a bit before charging it again. It has worked for me for many months. Hope this helps.

Neat Ideas

I like this setup. But if you haven’t got a wooden panel to drill through try something like this Phone positioning

What kind of timer did you use?

I actually used an old waterproof Kyocera hydro for my outside camera, been out there almost a year now and keeps working great. I only had to put a drop of hot glue into the headphone jack

Just one of those regular plug timers. I got mine at Walmart under $5.

Yes, you can keep phone plugged in to keep it charged

So happy for u, I’m hoping to catch the maintenance guy at my town home stealing from us. He has been in our home (thru a basement window) took my son’s safe with his lifes savings in it. Also he has been caught in both my husband and my son’s cars. He ran both times but now I will have solid proof for the police

I think she knows that she have to pay ten dollars a night for her guest now. No more sneaking people in my Airbnb hahahaha!