3 Tips for Setting Alfred up Outdoors/on the Driveway

tips

We all know Alfred is great for guarding your house as well as watching over the pets and babies, but can you set Alfred up outdoors? Can Alfred guard your driveway, for example?

Protecting Your Family Can Be This Easy!

Of course Alfred can! Here are 3 tips if you are thinking of doing just that.

1. Make sure you have a good WiFi coverage

This is your number one priority. Without a strong and steady WiFi signal, Alfred simply can’t unleash his full potential. How can you find out? Check these tips out!

2. Shield Alfred from the elements

Having rain or snow on your Camera device is pretty much the last thing you want, so make sure Alfred is properly protected. We adore this photo Superhero Vladimir Dragovic shared with us a while ago. Why not find a clear plastic box you can reuse (or get a box of chocolate: we won’t judge)?

3. Watch the sun

You want sufficient light, but not so much so that sunlight triggers Motion Detection all the time. Also, this will help keep Alfred cool.

Have you set Alfred up outdoors? Do you have any tips to share?

Wanna try out DIY home security? Here’s why you should!

Build your FREE home security system by downloading Alfred:

Camera Alfred
Ideas For Reducing Sunlight Exposure?
Sometimes not recording for hours with motion detector on
DIY Home Security You'll Regret missing out
Forground shadow washes out the area in the sun that im trying to monitor
Tips & Tricks

Alfred guards the driveway in any weather. He’s in the far right middle panel in the upper left corner. I drilled a hole which keeps the weather at bay!!!

Buon Giorno uso Alfredo per sorvegliare il mio bambino sia il mio vialetto privato di entrata, è fantastico funziona a perfezione, MA LA MIA DOMANDA, QUANTE GB CONSUMA? PER ME IMPORTANTE SAPERLO PERCHÉ MI CONNETTO TRAMITE CONNESSIONE DATI 4G,GRAZIE PER UNA VOSTRA CORTESE Risposta Grazie Fabii

Hi @pierfabio70,

Thank you for reaching out!

Please check this out for more info about data consumption:

Im just asking. How about the a.c adaptor can i use it for 24 hours that connect to the celphone?

Hey @rapaali3270,

Thanks for reaching out!

We would definitely advise you to keep Alfred plugged in to a power source. If you can, use charging accessories from the manufacturers.

Hope this helps!

This app no zooming wy ?

Hi @za7109437,

Thank you so much for reaching out!

We are actually working on our zoom feature. Please continue to support Alfred and stay tuned!

I use a setup similar to what @bluecloud.pierre uses for his garage. I drilled a small hole above a sensor light on my shed and inserted a piece of glass to keep out the rain. You won’t see it unless you’re actually looking for it, and definitely won’t see it from far away.

OOO thank you SO much for sharing!!!

Can we share this on our Facebook page? Your photos are so wonderful!

Of course you can. :wink:

There is a Zoom feature on the webviewer. :slight_smile:

Pierre likes this set-up as well!

Yes there is! It is rudimentary at best tho. We are working on a better one!

EXCELENTE ALFRED MUY BUENO ACA EN ARGENTINA AGARRARON A DIOS LADRONES GRACIAS A ALFRED
EXCELLENT ALFRED VERY GOOD ACA IN ARGENTINA GATHERED TO GOD THIEVES THANKS TO ALFRED

Hi @ramfet45,

Thank you so much for sharing! I’m glad Alfred helped you catch a thief!

If it’s OK with you, we’d really appreciate it if you could share the video with us!

I was able to catch a theif in the act at my residence. I am so grateful for alfred and some of the security it gives me knowing there’s motion detection and recording!!

Heather Coupland

Hey @poopshoopcoup80,

Wow, thank you so much for sharing! We are thrilled to hear Alfred helped you catch a thief! Have you submitted the clips to the police?

Just in case you need to download a hard copy, here is how:

Please continue to support Alfred and let me know if you have any feedback/questions!

se puede agregar otra camara y que trabajen las 2 juntas ???

Hi @rodriguezsergio901,

Thank you for joining us at Alfred Center!

Yes, you can add as many Cameras to your Alfred as you want! Just download Alfred on your second Camera, log in with the same Gmail, and you will be able to see it from your Viewer device.

If you want to monitor two Cameras at the same time, you can do it with Alfred’s WebViewer. Please read more here:

Hope this helps!